You need to make sure you, your business, and your assets are properly protected. Whether you are a Slidell, Louisiana one woman (or man) operation or run a team of thousands, the best way protect yourself is to set up your business correctly right from the start.Give Us a Call
Sheppard Law offers a variety of flat fee business formation or modification options for our Northshore Louisiana and Mississippi clients.
1. Simple Formation: This is the best option for simple businesses which do not require discussion or those wishing to save costs. do not have a consultation and you simply fill out a form for me (with a bunch of questions) to register you with the LA or MS SOS and we will get you your EIN number/tax ID number. There are no questions answered except for very nominal questions
2. Consultation: If you aren't sure what the best route for your business or nonprofit is then this is the choice for you. We will meet via phone or Zoom about your business for up to an hour, discuss long term and short term goals, employees v. 1099, simple trademark search for the proposed business name, discuss insurance, lease agreements if you’re renting a space, client or customer agreements if you need that, auto-draft policies if necessary in those agreements, cancellation policies, intellectual property ownership, partnership agreements with magazines, vendors, or organizations…..essentially anything you want to talk about.
This is also the option for you if you got served with something by the Sheriff for your business or were sent a letter from a former employee. Maybe you are not sure what your legal questions are yet or you have some legal questions and want to know your options moving forward.
3. Basic business or nonprofit protection: includes up to a 30 minute virtual consultation, articles of incorporation with the LA or MS SOS, and an EIN number/tax ID number.
4. Advanced Business Protection: this includes up to a 30 minute virtual consultation, articles of incorporation with the LA or MS SOS, EIN number/tax ID number, and an operating agreement for the LLC with one round of edits.
5. Advanced Nonprofit Formation and Application Drafting: creation of articles of incorporation, up to one hour virtual consultation, by laws, tax identification number, registration with Secretary of State, liability forms, and drafting of legal materials related to the IRS 501(c)(3) application.
6. Elite business protection: this includes up to a 30 minute virtual consultation, articles of incorporation with the LA or MS SOS, EIN number/tax ID number, an operating agreement for the LLC or bylaws for the corporation with one round of edits, and your choice of: client contract, employee agreement, independent contractor agreement, or partnership agreement.
Schedule your paid consultation and we will walk you through your legal issue and help you pick a short-term and long-term plan specific to you, your needs, and your business. Make sure to bring all documents we may need to review so we can be cost-effective with your time and resources.