Amber Sheppard (she/her) is a lifelong Northshore native who spends her days working tirelessly for her clients in the courtroom and on the platform. She knew she wanted to be a lawyer from a young age, but the world figured it out when she did a book report on John Grisham in 4th grade. Isn’t it every nine year old’s dream to read court room dramas and fight for the underdog?
In an effort to fulfill her life-long dream, Amber worked for Traumatic Brain Injury attorneys Anderson & Boutwell then attended law school at Mississippi College School of Law in Jackson, Mississippi. She chose MC Law because it offered both civil law and common law. Always a forward thinker, Amber did that in order to be prepared to practice in both Louisiana and Mississippi. She excelled in the class room garnering Best Paper Awards, clerked for criminal defense and personal injury attorney Coxwell & Associates, and worked in San Francisco for Shefman Law Group.
Amber passed the Louisiana and Mississippi Bar exams on her first try. Her unique work background has made her a highly sought after attorney for businesses and individuals alike. You know she knows her stuff when other attorneys send her work and ask for her guidance on appeals. She is a dynamic and highly skilled researcher, author, and advocate. Since then she has advocated for small businesses, families, and individuals on both sides of the state line.
She was voted Best Attorney in East St. Tammany by EDGE Magazine readers for 2019, 2020, and 2021 and by Sophisticated Woman Readers in 2021. She has been named Top 40 Under 40 by Edge Magazine as well.
In 2021 she was awarded the American Bar Association award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service Work.
Amber’s motto in life and in business is “Be fierce and kind.”
Bar and Court Admissions
· Louisiana, all state courts (2017) · Eastern District of Louisiana federal court · Mississippi, all state courts (2015) · Mississippi, all federal courts · Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Areas of Focus
· Business Counsel · Business Formations · Contract Negotiations · Trademarks · Document Drafting · Adoptions · Service dog laws · Personal injury (Traumatic Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death, Birth Defects) · Successions · Wills
9 State Records. Champion. National and International Coach.
As a high school athlete at Pope John Paul II Catholic High School, Amber was Captain of the historical state champion powerlifting team for three years, a track and field athlete (shot put), and cheerleader. While a student at Southeastern Louisiana University and Mississippi College School of Law, she continued to lift, taught group exercise classes (Spin and Bootcamp), was a CrossFit certified coach and athlete, raced in triathlons and 100+ mile bike events.
In law school, Amber founded a strength sport nonprofit called Mississippi Barbell which was the first organized Olympic weightlifting club in Mississippi. Under her direction, she meet directed the first USA Weightlifting meets in state history (over a dozen to date), coached world champions, developed athletes from ages 6 to 83, and traveled the nation conducting seminars and educating coaches on behalf of USA Weightlifting. To this day she is the highest ranked female weightlifting coach in Mississippi.
When a career ending injury sidelined Amber, she combined her love for fitness and the law and became the Director Of Operations for a national gym management company. She implemented a continuing education curriculum and system for personal trainers and handled the day to day operations on a national scale. Under her supervision, the organization doubled their profits and her closing rate was well beyond the national average. During her career, Amber garnered nine state records in her own right as a national level powerlifter.
USA Weightlifting Level 2 Advanced Sports Performance Coach (first female coach in the state with this distinction) National Level Coach and Marshall Certification Staff, Assistant Instructor to Danny Camargo Intern under Gayle Hatch Intern under Matt Bruce Intern under Don McCauley SouthEast Regional Director for Athlete Development Camps USAW Committee Member Youth Program Director Clients: National Champion, Best Male Lifter (Junior Nationals), State Record Holders
USA Powerlifting Club coach High school referee (MS) Clients: National Champion, World Champion, National Record Holder, State Record Holders
9 state records 4 state titles Mississippi Athlete of the Year 3rd Place at Raw Nationals
Competitions Functional Fitness Warrior Dash Half marathons Triathlons Mountain bike racing Road bike racing Kayak racing
Group Exercise 12 years experience Spin (Johnny G Certified) Bootcamp Core & More Functional Fitness Youth Fitness
Weightlifting · Club & Coach Feature via USA Weightlifting, 2015-2016 ·Featured in USA Weightlifting Winter Magazine, January 2017 · Establishing A Weightlifting Program In A Franchise, October 2016 · Legal Considerations When Entering A Sponsorship Featured on USA Weightlifting Wednesday Word, November 2016 · How To Coach Youth Weightlifting Article Featured on USA Weightlifting Wednesday Word, February 2017
· USAW Certification Courses · Mississippi Barbell coaches clinics · Mississippi Barbell athlete clinics · Sheppard Strength coaches clinics · Sheppard Strength athlete clinics · Utilizing Your Law Degree Outside The Law (MC Law, Sports & Entertainment Law Society)
· American Bar Association · Louisiana Bar Association · Mississippi Bar Association · Louisiana Association of Justice · 22nd JDC Bar Association · Habitat Young Professionals (President) · Women N Business · Slidell Bar Association · Emerging Young Professionals (East St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce Member of The Year Nominee, 2018) · Louisiana Notary
Business. Sports. Law.
In law school Amber was a member of the prestigious Law Review and Moot Court at Mississippi College. She garnered Best Brief awards for her legal writing on a national level.
After law school, Amber continued to write but this time for those in fields she is passionate about: strength sports, business, and the law.
Louisiana Association For Justice · Louisiana Law Has Gone To The Dogs, 2019 · Service, Emotional Support, Therapy, and Facility Dogs in Louisiana, 2019 · Social Media Access Upon Disability or Death, 2020 · Gestational Carrier Contracts, 2021 · Expungement Updates, 2021 · Family Law Refresher, 2022 Sophisticated Woman Magazine · Introduction to Service Dog Laws, 2022 · Emotional Support Dog Laws, 2022 · Service Dog Laws For Businesses, 2022
Performance Menu (2016-2020) · Gym Specific Resources During COVID-19 · Questions To Ask Before Opening Your Own Gym · Dogs At The Gym · How To Destroy Your Gym On Social Media · How To Prevent Coaching Burnout · When To Fire An Athlete · Over-coaching Ruins Your Athletes And Your Reputation · Trainer Risk Management · How To Coach Youth Weightlifting When You Don't Understand Kids · Non-compete Agreements: Valid Or Void? · Training Special Populations · Establishing A Weightlifting Program In A Franchise · Legal Considerations When Entering A Sponsorship · Common Gym Liability Concerns & How To Alleviate Them · Eating Disorders And Strength Sports
Strength Agenda · You're Fired: 5 Reasons To Dump Your Olympic Weightlifting Coach · Effective Communication Between Coaches And Athletes · Training Weightlifting And Powerlifting · Competition Differences: Powerlifting And Weightlifting · Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself (Again): Effective Post Injury Training
USA Weightlifting · Club & Coach Feature via USA Weightlifting, 2015-2016 ·Featured in USA Weightlifting Winter Magazine, January 2017 · Establishing A Weightlifting Program In A Franchise, October 2016 · Legal Considerations When Entering A Sponsorship Featured on USA Weightlifting Wednesday Word, November 2016 · How To Coach Youth Weightlifting Article Featured on USA Weightlifting Wednesday Word, February 2017
O Lift Magazine (No Longer In Print) · Coaching Men vs. Women
SOUTHEASTERN LA UNIVERSITY (2009) Summa cum laude Bachelors of Arts, Political Science
· Harold Leu Award (Highest GPA in Political Science)
MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE SCHOOL OF LAW (2013) Magna cum laude Juris Doctorate · Law Review · Moot Court: National finalist, 2nd Best Brief Award · Best Paper Awards: Appellate Advocacy, Criminal Law, Legal Writing I, Legal Research I, Legal Writing II, Torts
· Family Law for Lawyers In Libraries Week (Louisiana State Bar Association, 2020 and 2021) · Mental Health CEUs · Mental Health and The Court System (local therapist and counseling clinics) · Service Dog Laws for Business Owners · How To Protect Your Business From Liability (East St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce) · PJP High School Career Day · Lake Castle Private School Keys To Success · Protecting Your Business During COVID-19 · Utilizing Your Law Degree Outside The Law (MC Law, Sports & Entertainment Law Society) · What To Expect In Law School (Pope John Paul II Catholic High School; Southeastern Louisiana University)
· American Bar Association · Louisiana Bar Association · Mississippi Bar Association · Louisiana Association of Justice · 22nd JDC Bar Association · St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce · Emerging Young Professionals (East St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce Member of The Year Nominee, 2018) · Louisiana Notary · Edge Magazine Award Winner, Best Attorney in East St. Tammany (2019. 2020, 2021) · East St. Tammany Habitat For Humanity Board Member · Habitat Young Professionals Northshore President
Amber Sheppard (she/her) is a life-long Northshore Louisiana native who, along with her service dog Tubbs, spends her time working tirelessly with humor and humility for her Louisiana and Mississippi small business, personal injury, and estate planning clients.
Mailing Address: 1527 Gause Blvd. #19 Slidell, LA 70458
Physical Address: 1924 Corporate Square Drive Suite F Slidell, LA 70458
Call or Text Brielle, Executive Assistant: 985-265-7069 Email: email@example.com Mon to Fri: 9.00 AM – 5.00 PM After Hours and Weekend Consultations or Meetings Available With Additional Fee